There can be several reasons why your LimeVPN connection is being interrupted. Whether the server is down or your router is blocking a specific protocol, we have gathered solutions for each possible issue:
1 . Internet Connectivity: Check if your Internet connection is working properly.
2. Incorrect LimeVPN Credentials: Check if you are entering your LimeVPN credentials correctly.
3. Server Down: Sometimes when you are trying to connect to a server and there is no response, it could be that one of our servers has gone offline. If this happens, we would recommend you try to connect to another one of our other servers. If you are still failing to connect, you should submit a support ticket to our customer support team and we will investigate the matter further.
4. Server Online but Will Not Connect: Sometimes ISPs or routers block certain protocols. In this case, you can switch between protocols to create a new connection.
5. Account Expired: If your LimeVPN account has expired, you will not be able to connect. You may contact our customer support and get confirmation on whether your account is still valid or has expired.
6. Slow Speed: The speed of the server to which you are connected depends on certain factors, mainly the distance from the server you are trying to connect to and the max speed your ISP allows. Remember one thing; the closer you are to a server the faster your speed will be.
7. MAC OS issue: A bug has been identified for Mac OS X 10.6 and 10.7 related to VPN access.
Essentially, a process that manages VPN connections can become unresponsive, leading to an inability to access the VPN service. To overcome this issue, it is important to reset the process using admin-level access to the system.
The process is known as "racoon", a system level process that must be controlled through Terminal:
8. Go to Terminal, and write the command "sudo killall racoon". Provide your admin password when requested.
9. The OS will pop up and an error message with warnings about the problems with the VPN connection will appear. This is not a problem - simply click through the alert. The command will force the process to close.
10. You should then be able to re-establish a normal connection to the VPN system.
If you are still facing connection failure issues, feel free to contact our customer support team. We're here for you 24/7.