There are no built-in settings to setup a VPN on the Nintendo Switch console. The best solution is to configure VPN on your router that will connect to the Nintendo Switch.
Setup Nintendo Switch VPN on TP-Link Router:
- Access your router settings/control panel.
- A menu will appear on your left, goto Network > WAN
- In WAN settings fill out the boxes as follows:
- ‘WAN Connection Type’ select PPTP/Russia PPTP
- Enter VPN Username and Password in the boxes provided ( VPN connection logins sent to your registered email address).
- Check the ‘Dynamic IP’ option
In the ‘Service IP Address’ box enter the required VPN server (Click here to access server list)
4.From the left hand menu click DHCP
- Enter Primary DNS (request LimeVPN provider for DNS settings)
- Enter Secondary DNS (request LimeVPN provider for DNS settings)
5.From the left hand menu click on Security > Basic Security
- SPI Firewall – Enable
Under VPN heading – Enable all options PPTP, L2TP and IPSec
6.Click on Network > WAN
A.Scroll to the bottom and select if you want to
- Connect on Demand
- Connect Automatically
7.Click save and let your router reboot, Your Nintendo Switch VPN is ready
Setup Nintendo Switch VPN on Linksys Router:
- Login to the router Settings/Control Panel/ Configuration
- Click Setup tab > Basic Setup tab > Internet Connection Type
- Click the drop down box and choose PPTP as connection type from the listed options
- Configure the following settings:
A. Check “Obtain an IP Address Automatically”
B. For Server IP address click here, then insert the required “Server IP Address” into Server IP Address box
C. Insert your Username & Password (VPN connection logins sent to your registered email address with LimeVPN)
Select Save Settings, let your router reboot and it should begin connecting to your VPN server.