Before setup, make sure you have:
- A working Internet Connection
- Belkin Router that supports L2TP
- An active LimeVPN subscription
In order to setup L2TP connection on your Belkin router, follow our step by step guide detailed below:
Login to your Router Administrator Console:-
- Connect to the internet and launch the web browser on your computer.
- You need to know your router’s local IP address to access the administrator login page.
- In most cases, the local IP address is 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1.
- On the login page, you are prompted to enter the Router’s username and password.
Configure the L2TP Connection:-
- Open the Internet WAN page, and select L2TP for the Connection Type
- Enter LimeVPN username in the L2TP Account field
- In the Password and Retype Password fields you need to enter your LimeVPN Password
- Leave Host Name empty
- In the Pre-Shared key filed enter private
- Into the L2TP Server IP Address field enter the IP address of the server you want to connect to, click here for the list of servers
- IP Assigned by ISP should be set to Yes
- Leave the option Disconnect after unchecked
- If there is Click here to enter your DNS Settings option, please click on it and enter public DNS servers: 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52
- Use Apply Changes option to connect to VPN
- Please note that you may need to disable your router firewall if it is enabled.