In order to setup L2TP connection on your ASUS WRT-MERLIN Router, follow our step by step guide detailed below:
Login to your Router Administrator Console:-
- Connect to the internet and launch the web browser on your computer.
- You need to know your router’s local IP address to access the administrator login page.
- In most cases, the local IP address is 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1.
- On the login page, you are prompted to enter the Router’s username and password. Provide the Router’s username and password there.
Configure the L2TP Connection:-
- Navigate to the "WAN" tab on your left sidebar and click on "Internet Connection"
- WAN Connection type: Choose "Automatic IP" from the dropdown menu as your connection type.
- Enable WAN, NAT and UPnP options
- UPNP: Allowed internal port range: 1024 to 65535
- UPNP: Allowed external port range: 1 to 65535
- Connect to DNS Server automatically: Check "No"
- DNS Server1: Enter: 220.127.116.11
- DNS Server2: Enter: 18.104.22.168
- MTU: 1500
- Authentication: Select "None"
- DHCP query frequency: Select "Aggressive Mode"
- Once you have entered all the settings needed, please double-check and click "Apply"
- Now that you have entered the Internet Connection settings necessary, please navigate to "VPN" on your left sidebar and click on the "PPTP/L2TP Client" tab at the top of your screen.
- Please click on "Add Profile" in order to create a VPN connection.
- Here, please make sure you click on "L2TP" as your preference.
- Description: Type anything you want, e.g. the server you are connecting to LimeVPN USA
- VPN Server: Enter any of the servers you wish to connect to, click here
- Pre-Shared Key: private
- User Name: LimeVPN Username
- Password: LimeVPN Password
- Auto-reconnection: Choose "Yes" and click "OK"
- After clicking "OK", your saved profile will appear on the screen and you have the option to connect... by clicking on "Activate".