LimeVPN on XBOX 360 immediately protects your internet privacy and security while giving you full internet freedom and instant access to content streaming.
XBOX 360 does not come with built-in VPN interface, you will need either a router or a PC to connect a VPN on this device.
To set up LimeVPN on XBOX 360, follow the step given below:
Connect XBOX 360 using a Wireless Router running LimeVPN:-
In order to run the LimeVPN on your XBOX 306, you need to first set it up on your router (DDWRT router is the most suitable). Refer this articles to setup LimeVPN on different routers.
1. Now that your wireless router is configured with LimeVPN, switch on your XBOX 306.
2. Press the Guide button on your controller to enter the menu.
3. Go to the Settings tab, select System Settings.
4. Select Network Settings and choose your Wireless Network.
5. Enter the WPA key (you can find it on your router as well).
6. Accept all the settings and continue for a Test Connection.
7. Once all this is done, sign into your XBOX 360 account.
Now you are ready to enjoy the LImeVPN services on your XBOX 360 device.
Using a Laptop running LimeVPN and connected as a Wi-Fi hotspot :-
1. First, make sure you have LimeVPN running on your laptop. Refer these articles to set up LimeVPN on your laptop.
2. Once your VPN is connected, all you need to do is convert your laptop into a Wi-Fi hotspot. To set up your computer as a Wi-Fi hotspot, you first need to verify whether your computer’s physical wireless adapter supports this feature. To check, follow the steps below:
How to create a wireless hosted network in Windows:-
1. Right 'cmd' on the search bar and right click.
2. Select “Run as administrator”.
3. The command prompt window will open on your screen. Write NETSH WLAN SHOW DRIVERS and click Enter.
3. If the generated output shows Hosted network supported: Yes, then you can follow our guide. If your wireless adapter isn't supported, you could try using a USB wireless adapter that supports the feature.
4. Close the command prompt and restart as mentioned in step 1.
5. Enter this command in the cmd: netsh wlan set hosted network mode=allow ssid=Your_SSID key=Your_Passphrase
SSID - Name you want to identify your wireless network when trying to connect a new device.
Passphrase - The network security key you want users to use to connect to your network (Remember that the passphrase has to be at least 8 characters in length.)
6. Once you create a hosted network, enter the following command to activate: “netsh WLAN start hosted network”.
How to share your internet connection with a Hosted Network in Windows 10
At this point, you have created a hosted network on your PC. In order to make it accessible to other wireless devices, you need to share the internet connection using the “Internet Connection Sharing” feature from a physical network adapter.
1. Use the shortcut (Windows key+X) to open the power user menu and select Network Connections.
2. Right click on the Network Adapter with an internet connection (this could be Ethernet or wireless network).
3. Select Properties.
NOTE: In network connections, you will now be able to see a new Microsoft Hosted Virtual Adapter which is labeled as Local Area Connection* X, and with the SSID name.
4. Select the Sharing tab and check to Allow other network users to connect through this computer's Internet connection option.
5. From the Home networking connection drop-down menu, choose Microsoft Hosted Virtual Adapter.
6. Click Ok to finish.
7. Once you have LimeVPN running on your laptop and your laptop converted into a WiFi hotspot, you're ready to connect your XBOX 360 to your WiFi hotspot!