Open Terminal and update Ubuntu by entering “sudo apt-get update”
2. Use the following command to install network-manager-strongswan:
sudo apt-get install -y strongswan network-manager-strongswan libcharon-extra-plugins
NOTE: Press Enter. (Enter password if it needed)
3. You will be prompted: “Do you want to continue? Y/n” Type “Y” and hit Enter.
If you are getting file lock error, please follow these steps:
Enter sudo rm /var/lib/apt/lists/lock
Enter the below command to delete the lock file from the cache directory
sudo rm /var/cache/apt/archives/lock
sudo rm /var/lib/dpkg/lock
After this, restart and continue from step 2
4. Click on Network Connections on the top right corner to bring up the connection menu, and click on Settings icon.
5. Go to Network tab and click on + button.
6. Select IPSec/IKEv2 (strongswan)
7. Enter the following details
Name: A name of your choice
Address - Enter any one of the server mentioned under http://network.limevpn.com/
Certificate - Leave it as "None"
Authentication - EAP.
Private Key: None
Username: LimeVPN Username
Password: LimeVPN Password
NOTE: To enter the password, click on small human icon and select store the password
Check the boxes Request and inner IP address and Enforce UDP encapsulation.
8. Click on Network Connections on the top right corner to bring up the connection menu. Expand VPN Connections and select the configured VPN.
9. If the VPN is connected, there will be an icon at the top. To disconnect click in the same menu click on the connected VPN.