This tutorial explains how to connect your Arris router to LimeVPN using the L2TP protocol.
You will have to login to your router’s web interface to configure VPN
Please note, that L2TP alone does not encrypt your traffic, it only reroutes you through one of our servers. Please use it at your own risk. This does not apply to L2TP/IPsec.
Please also note that not all Arris routers support VPN, so yours might not have the following options. If it doesn’t – you will not be able to set up our service on it.
In order to setup an L2TP connection on your Arris router please access your router and under WAN Setup please change your Connection Type to L2TP.
Then select the following options:
- Check Enable L2TP
- Put in your LimeVPN credentials.
- Server Address: Use one of our server from this list
- My Internet IP: Get automatically from ISP. If there is no such setting, please skip it.
- My IP Address: leave blank
- My Subnet Mask: leave blank
- Enable Idle Timeout
- Idle timeout: 300
- Enable Keep alive
- Keep Alive: 30