This tutorial will help you to connect your D-Link router to LimeVPN using the L2TP protocol.
You will have to login to your router’s web interface to configure VPN
Please note, that L2TP alone does not encrypt your traffic, it only reroutes you through one of our servers. Please use it at your own risk. This does not apply to L2TP/IPsec.
Here is how to connect a D-Link router to LimeVPN:
1. Go to Internet -> Setup;
2. Select L2TP (Username / Password) as your internet connection type;
3. Select Dynamic IP as your Address Mode;
4. Into the L2TP Server IP Address field enter the IP address of the server you want to connect to. Our server list can be found at https://network.limevpn.com/ . You can use http://whatismyipaddress.com/hostname-ip tool to convert server name to IP address;
5. Enter your LimeVPN username and password;
6. Set Reconnect Mode to Always on;
7. Enter DNS servers: 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52
8. Click Save settings above L2TP settings to connect to VPN. On some D-Link models, the router may reboot, and you might need to navigate to the “Status” page and click the “Connect” button there.
Now your traffic should go through LimeVPN! You can visit www.whatismyipaddress.com to confirm the successful VPN connection.