Here are the instructions how to set up OpenVPN connection with LimeVPN on your Asus router. The instructions were made on Asus RT-N18U.
1. First you need to login to the control panel of your Asus router. Usually by default it is 192.168.1.1
Enter the login details to access the panel
2. After you are logged in to the Control Panel, click on the VPN tab on the left side of the window.
3. Click on the VPN Client in the opened window.
4. Click on Add profile button at the bottom of the window.
5. Select OpenVPN tab and fill in the fields:
Description: Any name of our choice
User name: LimeVPN username;
Password: LimeVPN account password;
6. Now you need to download .ovpn files from here. Unzip the file package. Get back to the control panel of your router and click on Choose File button.
7. Select a preferred configuration file from the destination you have unzipped all files and click on Open.
8. The selected file now needs to be uploaded. Please click on Upload button. You should see the message Complete! if successful.
9. Now click on OK button. The “Import the CA file or edit the .ovpn file manually” should be left unchecked.
10. In the VPN Client tab you will see the created connection. Click on Activate button to connect your router to LimeVPN. Please note that only one OpenVPN connection can be created. If you would like to have another connection configured you must remove or edit the existing one.
11. The blue check mark should appear in the Connection Status column. That means that you are connected to LimeVPN.
To disconnect from LimeVPN simply click on Deactivate button which appeared instead of the Activate button when you have connected.