This tutorial explains how to connect your DD-WRT firmware router to LimeVPN using the L2TP protocol.
Following changes have to be made in the web configuration panel of your router. You can access it by visiting the local IP of your router from your web browser.
Please note, that L2TP alone does not encrypt your traffic, it only reroutes you through one of our servers. Please use it at your own risk. This does not apply to L2TP/IPsec.
1. Go to Setup -> Basic Setup;
2. Set L2TP as your Connection Type;
3. Into the Gateway (L2TP Server) field enter a LimeVPN server address. You can find our server addresses here
4. Enter your LimeVPN credentials;
5. Enable the Use DHCP option;
6. Under Optional Settings change MTU to Manual and put in the value of 1460;
7. Scroll down to Network Address Server Settings (DHCP);
8. Select DHCP Type to DHCP Server and also select Enable;
9. Into Static DNS 1 and 2 fields enter our DNS servers: 184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11.
10. Disable Use DNSMasq for DHCP and DNS;
11. Click Save and Apply Settings, the reboot your router.