You can now use VPN servers as proxy. Configuring VPN server as a proxy will help you unleash the download speed which is usually a bit restrictive when using VPN. The steps below will guide you on how to setup a proxy connection on Opera.
1. Open the Opera Menu, which is in the top-left corner of the browser window and then press Settings
2. Scroll down to find Network section or search for "proxy' and click on the button Change proxy setting
3. A new window pops up. Choose Connections tab and click on LAN settings.
4. Check Proxy server, and click Advanced. Make sure the “Automatically detect settings” option is unchecked
5. Enter the VPN server address with port 8080 next to HTTP and check the option “Use the same proxy server for all protocols”
Refer LimeVPN Server for live status of servers
NOTE: If you wish to use SOCKS5, enter the VPN server address and port 1080 under socks, HTTP, FTP option and leave “Secure” option blank. Do not check the option “Use the same proxy server for all protocols”
Click on “ok” and complete the setup. Now access any website, it will ask you for username and password. Enter your VPN login details, if the website opens, it means that you are successfully connected via proxy.