Synology is a network attached storage device provider. Network-attached storage or popularly known as NAS is a file level computer data storage server.
Such devices can be connected to a network so that file sharing between users can become easy. By configuring VPN on NAS devices you add an extra layer of security for your files.
Below is the step by step instructions to setup PPTP on a Synology device:
1. Access the control panel of your Synology device
2. Then search for Network.
3. Click on Network Interface -> Create -> Create VPN Profile.
4. Select PPTP and click on Next
5. Fill the details as below:
Profile name: A name of your choice
Server address: The server that you wish to connect to
Click here to know the live status of servers
User name: LimeVPN Username
Password: LimeVPN Password
Enter the details and press “Next”
6. Fill the details as below:
-Authentication: MS CHAP v2;
-Encryption: Require MPPE (40/128 bit).
Also check 'Use default gateway' on remote network and Reconnect when the VPN connection is lost.
7. A new connection with be created, click on it and then “connect”
Once you establish the connection, the status of the profile will change to Connected.