How to retrieve logs in DD-WRT?
Do the following to retrieve the logs from a DD-WRT router:
1. Ensure the Syslogd option under the Services menu is enabled.
2. Copy the logs from the OpenVPN tab under the Status menu as shown below:
3. The absence of logs in the log section indicates issues with the VPN connection.
4. To troubleshoot this, navigate to Administration > Commands tab and run log command:
in the Command Shell > Commands window.
5. The logs will be generated as shown below:
6. Copy the log details if you need to share it with our support team for further assistance. Please note that the latest logs will be generated toward the end of the System log window. To copy the logs, keep your cursor on the logs and press Ctrl+A to select the entire log and then press Ctrl+C to copy it. Use Ctrl+V to paste the copied content into the notepad app on Windows or the TextEdit app on macOS to create a separate text file, then attach the new text file directly to an email to our support team. We highly recommend sharing the log details as a text file attachment to prevent line breaks in the log.