How to Setup VPN connection in Kubuntu / KDE Plasma using L2TP Protocol
Setting up LimeVPN in Linux – L2TP Setup Instructions for Kubuntu / KDE Plasma.
Open Terminal, Applications-> Terminal
2. Install L2TP Network Manager.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:nm-l2tp/network-manager-l2tp
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install network-manager-l2tp
3. Open Connections. Click on + icon at the left bottom.
4. Select Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol (L2TP) and click on Create.
5. Enter the following details.
Connection Name: Anything that you can easily identify
username: You VPN username. Usually your email
password: It is the one that is sent to your email after making the payment
6. Click on PPP settings and update it as in the screenshot below and then Click on OK.
7. Then click on IPSec Settings and update the details as below. You need to check Enable Ipsec tunnel to L2TP host. After that, click OK.
8. Then click on SAVE. You can now connect from Network Connection or by clicking on Network icon at the right bottom. It will show as connected once successfully VPN connection is completed.